- Jadon Sancho was identified as a target for Manchester United in the summer
- They did not sign him but Borussia Dortmund have confirmed the talks
- Sporting director Michael Zorc spoke about meeting in Amazon documentary
Manchester United did hold a meeting with Borussia Dortmund about signing Jadon Sancho
Sporting director Michael Zorc confirmed the talks during Amazon’s series on Dortmund
The 19-year-old has made a spectacular impact for Dortmund playing on the right wing
Borussia Dortmund have confirmed Manchester United did hold a meeting about signing Jadon Sancho in March.
The England winger, who scored twice on Tuesday night as Gareth Southgate’s side overcame Kosovo, was identified as a target for the Old Trafford side ahead of the summer.
Dortmund’s sporting director Michael Zorc has now confirmed there was a meeting held with United’s chiefs as part of the Inside Borussia Dortmund documentary series on Amazon.
Episode three includes a conversation between Zorc, Matthias Sammer, Sebastian Kehl and Dortmund’s chairman Hans-Joachim Watzke.
Zorc makes it clear that there were talks over a possible move but insists Sancho has no intention of leaving Germany in the summer.
He said: ‘A hot topic right now is Sancho and Manchester United. Both his discussions with the club and mine with the consultants.
‘A meeting did take place. Manchester United invited the consultant.
‘But according to what I know, the consultant told the club that no matter how much money they offer, we won’t let him go this summer.
‘But the player also has no intention of taking that step this summer.’
Reports towards the end of last month suggested Ole Gunnar Solksjaer was still keen on signing the 19-year-old.